MAINE SENATE RECONVENES FOR 51 LEPAGE NOMINATIONS
Public hearings to start this week
AUGUSTA–The Maine Senate will reconvene on Tuesday, September 30 at 10:00 a.m. to vote on Governor Paul LePage’s 51 political appointments to various state boards and commissions.
Prior to the Senate vote, each committee of jurisdiction will hold public hearings to vet the nominees. A list of the 51 nominees can be found here.
The committee hearing schedule is as follows:
Wednesday, September 24th:
Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry (ACF) at 9 a.m.
- Maine Milk Commission
- Pesticide Control Board
- Harness Racing Commission
Marine Resources (MAR) at 3:00 p.m.
- Marine Resources Advisory Council
Thursday, September 25th:
Veterans and Legal Affairs (VLA) at 10 a.m.
- Gambling Control Board
- Maine Commission on Ethics and Election Practices
- Liquor & Lottery Commission
Friday, September 26th:
Education and Cultural Affairs (EDU) at 9:30 a.m.
- State Board of Education
- Maine Maritime Academy Board of Trustees
- UMaine System Board of Trustees
- Maine Community College System Board of Trustees
- Maine School of Science and Mathematics Board of Trustees
- School Board of the Governor Baxter School for the Deaf
Labor, Commerce, Research and Economic Development (LCRED) at 10 a.m.
- Midcoast Regional Redevelopment Authority
- Maine Labor Relations Board
- Maine Educational Loan Authority
- Finance Authority of Maine
- Loring Development Authority
Monday, September 29th:
Taxation at 10 a.m.
- Board of Tax Appeals
Energy, Utilities, Technology at 10 a.m.
- Efficiency Maine Trust
Environment and Natural Resources (ENR) at 10:00 a.m.
- Board of Environmental Protection
Judiciary (JUD) at 2:00 p.m.
- Maine Indian Tribal-State Commission
- Maine Commission on Indigent Legal Services
Inland Fisheries and Wildlife (IFW) at 10:00 a.m.
- IF&W Advisory Council