Now hiring: Digital Communications Manager
The Maine Senate President’s office is accepting applications for the position of Digital Communications Manager. The Digital Communications Manager will be responsible for an aggressive online program aimed at elevating the work done in the Maine Senate. The individual will develop and implement digital and social media communication and marketing.
The Digital Communications Manager will be responsible for:
- Generating videos, graphics, and other content to be shared on social media networks.
- Working with the Chief of Staff and Communications Director to design and implement a robust organic social media strategy with a goal of increasing constituent outreach and interaction.
- Cultivating and maintaining an online presence to elevate the work done in the Maine Senate.
- Creating written content delivered over various media to drive engagement.
- Monitoring impact of digital work by producing digestible reports of online metrics and trends on an ongoing basis.
- Supporting email outreach with specific skills related to design and layout, along with content development as needed.
- Creating and leading trainings to improve social media usage.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to create persuasive visual communications for use in online content, visual presentations, written reports, etc.
- Experience with graphic design for social media and proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or similar software.
- Experience with social media management software (such as Sprout social) preferred
- Experience with video editing, ideally on Adobe Premiere
- Previous background in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment
- The ability to work independently and in team settings
- Demonstrated experience as a self-starter
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS preferred
- Ability to communicate, coordinate and work effectively with the public, members of the Legislature, legislative staff and the executive branch.
- Ability to work in a highly challenging, complex and fast-paced environment.
Salary Range: $55,848.00 – $77,708.80
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The State of Maine Government and the Office of the Senate President is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.