Work plan for state bridge and road projects unveiled
Sen. Dave Miramant of Camden is pleased to announce the details of Maine’s three-year transportation infrastructure work plan, and what it means for the region. The plan is released annually with an outline of the Maine Department of Transportation’s strategy for road, bridge and other transportation projects throughout the state.
“I always look forward to seeing the transportation projects listed for many municipalities around our region,” said Sen. Miramant. “As we all know, there is certainly no shortage of projects ready for work and improvement.”
According to the MDOT, the work plan includes more than $2.2 billion worth of construction and maintenance, of which $520 million is scheduled for 497 capital projects in 2016. Included are projects for highways and bridges, transit (bus), passenger and freight railroad, aviation, ferries, ports and other marine facilities, and bicycle-pedestrian access.
Sen. Miramant stressed the importance of funding for the MDOT work plan and its investment to the area and entire state. The following breakdown is what the planned capital and maintenance work will mean for the region in 2016:
- John Street, Pascal Avenue, South Shore Road, Route 173, Dublin Road, Ash Point Road, and Route 105 in the communities of Appleton, Belmont, Camden, Hope, Lincolnville, Owls Head, Rockport, Searsmont, Somerville, South Thomaston, Washington.
- Old County Road in Rockland.
- Route 1 in Thomaston, beginning 0.29 of a mile east of the Warren town line and extending easterly 2.21 miles.
- Bakery bridge in Camden.
- Pulpit Harbor bridge in North Haven.
- Goose River bridge in Rockport.
- Weskeag bridge in South Thomaston.
- James Andrew Griffith bridge in Thomaston.
- George River bridge in Union.
- Route 131 in Appleton and Union.
- Route 52 and Route 235 in Camden and Hope.
- Route 220 in Friendship.
- Route 131 in St. George.
- Route 235 in Union and Warren.
- Replace signals at Route 1 and Route 17 in Rockport.
- Parking study for Rockland Ferry Terminal.
- Ferry (Neal Burgess) repower.
- Design the Henry Lee Ferry vessel replacement.
- Safety and infrastructure improvements at Knox County Regional Airport in Rockland.