Work plan for state bridge and road projects unveiled
Sen. Jim Dill of Old Town is pleased to share the details of Maine’s three-year transportation infrastructure work plan, and what it means for the region. The plan is released annually with an outline of the Maine Department of Transportation’s strategy for road, bridge and other transportation projects throughout the state.
“As we know, Maine covers a lot of land, so our transportation infrastructure is critical for our people and economy,” said Sen. Dill. “This is why I have supported funding for these projects over the years and look forward to the work that is ready to happen in our region.”
According to the MDOT, the work plan includes more than $2.2 billion worth of construction and maintenance, of which $520 million is scheduled for 497 capital projects in 2016. Included are projects for highways and bridges, transit (bus), passenger and freight railroad, aviation, ferries, ports and other marine facilities, and bicycle-pedestrian access.
Sen. Dill stressed the importance of funding for the MDOT work plan and its investment to the area and entire state. The following breakdown is what the planned capital and maintenance work will mean for the region in 2016:
- Route 157 in East Millinocket and Medway, beginning 0.54 of a mile south of Town Road in Medway and extending westerly 2.64 miles; and beginning 0.36 of a mile northwest of Cone Street and extending northwesterly 1.90 miles.
- Schoodic Lake Road, Church Street, Route 6, Joe Raymond Road, and Pleasant Street in Brownville, Howland, Lagrange, Maxfield, Medford, Milo and Orneville Twp.
- Route 16 in Old Town, beginning 3.20 miles south of the Alton – Lagrange town line and extending southeasterly 5.89 miles.
- Stillwater Avenue in Orono, beginning 0.02 of a mile south of Godfrey Drive and extending northerly 0.20 of a mile.
- I-95 southbound/Route 116 bridge in Medway.
- Salmon Stream bridge in Medway.
- Lower Trestle bridge in Milford.
- Sunkhaze bridge in Milford.
- Pushaw Stream bridge in Old Town.
- Route 155 in Enfield and Lincoln.
- Greenfield Road in Greenbush and Milford.
- Medford Road in Howland and Maxfield.
- Grindstone scenic byway traveler information in Medway.
- Intersection of Route 2A and Brunswick Street in Old Town.
- Safety and infrastructure improvements at Dewitt Field in Old Town.